Thursday, December 13, 2007

Take your kids to work day

Kristian had his one year check-up today so I got to take him and Jessi (Melissa came too) to the clinic this morning. He's dropped a bit on his growth curve from the 90% line down to the 75% line (for both height and weight). He didn't like his shots too much but made it through without too much difficulty.

As if that wasn't enough I was able to work with my dad today. I have been working in the IHC clinic with Dr Bunker this week and today is Dr Bunker's day off so I worked with Dad all day (well until 2:30 when he goes home anyway). He kept introducing me to his patients and telling them that I'm coming back to town to take his place. It was pretty cool as most of them said they were looking forward to having me take over as their physician in the future. All in all it was a great day.

We finished up interviews last week with one at the University of Utah and another at St Marks hospital in Salt Lake. They both had some good things about them and some bad, but neither supplanted either of the South Bend programs on my rank list (Melissa is still struggling with her list). I ran into Mark in the University hospital during my tour, and we chatted for a moment before we both had to run to other areas. I had forgotten how much I love the University of Utah. Just driving through campus gave me chills. In about 20 years there will probably be some friendly encouragement for my kids to attend the U (unless they stay here and go to SUU which is completely acceptable).

We're looking forward to seeing my siblings as they trickle into town over the next couple of weeks.

No comments: