Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Frist Blog Tag

So I was blog tagged the other day. My husband informed me that now I am supposed to complete the tag by writing about the given topic (6 mystery items about myself) and then tag someone else. My husband says this is to much like a chain letter for him and that he won't ever do a blog tag (so for future reference, you might want to avoid "tagging" him), But whereas this is my first time being tagged I have decided to comply. So here it goes, 6 mystery things about me.

Mystery #1
I don't like clutter. Everything in our house has a designated spot. My husband can attest to this. I have a hard time seeing stacks of things lying about and often I can be found stacking up newspapers, books, or such at houses that aren't even my own.

Mystery #2
The first and only boy "I" ever kissed was Jacob. Since you will eventually comment I will explain the whole "I" thing. Another boy kissed me in college after I had "fallen asleep" during a movie we were watching. I wasn't really asleep (just closing my eyes because I was really tired) but I was so scared I just continued to let him think I was and never kissed him back. So I don't consider that my first time kissing a boy. On a side note, the first time Jacob ever kissed me I was also just as scared and reacted by laughing. And I seem to recall I also reacted the same way the second time he kissed me. Poor guy, good thing he really liked me.

Mystery #3
I tend to get very anxious when meeting new people. I wish I had inherited my mother's ability to chat with anyone. I once saw her carry on an hour long conversation with a man in the grocery store that asked her how to pick out oranges. She is amazing. Unfortunately I didn't inherit that skill and continue to work on my small talk skills. You should have seen me at all these interviews, I was a wreck.

Mystery #4
I never attended a high school football game. My husband says this only further sums up my high school experience. I was a swimmer and the swimmers at my school tended to pretty much only hang-out with other swimmers. I think it had something to do with the smell of chlorine. When I look back at high school I can sum it up rather quickly. Class, Swimming, Work, and Homework. That was pretty much my life. Ironically my college experience was about the exact opposite. It is funny how that happens.

Mystery #5
I would say I have a touch of OCD. For example, I have all of my families clothes (yes the children's and Jacob's as well) organized by type of article, season of article, and dressiness of article. They are also organized by color hanger and must all hand in one direction. I know, a little crazy, but I just can't help it.

Mystery #6
While in high school at worked at a local Arctic Circle. After a few months I worked my way up the mighty career ladder to "Night Manager" My memories of this place were great and all included the smell of french fries and greasy burgers. My husband often teases me about how fond I am of these memories and often refers to them as my "glory days". Well on our last trip to SL we were heading back to my parents when we drove by the old "glory days" location. I was shocked to find that my old high school happiness had been torn down to make way for a car lot. I have to admit that a tear escaped. And them my husband teased me again. I really had some good memories of that place.

So that is it. I have now completed my first blog tag. Now it is up to me to tag someone new and whereas I only know of one faithful reader that has their own blog . . . I tag Charlotte.

No comments: