I'm working with a local family practice physician this month. It has been a welcome change from pediatrics. I very much prefer hypertensives and diabetics to the monotony of 20 well child checks per day. It has also been nice to feel known. In one week I have treated a classmate of my bigger-younger brother, a ward member of my engineer brother (he actually asked me if I have a brother who is an engineer), numerous people who know mother, and the girlfriend of a young man who was named after my father (that one came with a story that neither my mother or father had heard). One of the best parts is that I have a log-in on the EMR (electronic medical records) system so I can actually open and close all of my charts. When I started my rotations I was very hesitant to be sent into rooms on my own, but now the autonomy that comes with being able to keep my own charts is very liberating and those times where I have to "shadow" the physician are somewhat boring.
Church has become consistently more difficult as of late. Jessi is the epitome of a terrible two year old. She has hit her head on the pews (in an attempt to show her disgust with our decision to say no to her) in church so many times we have come to expect it. Lately she has taken to throwing things within her reach. Apparently she knows better than to throw objects across the room, but when she gets mad she looks for anything nearby, picks it up and promptly throws it back down on the ground. This action is always preceded and followed by a furious stare and usually accompanied by a squeal, sometimes low sometimes loud. Luckily for us Grandma and Grandpa get her most of this week.
You may have noticed that the Dolphins found a way to lose again, and once again they did it without the help of their rookie quarterback. I sure hope they don’t waste the top pick in next years draft without knowing how good Beck is. Maybe they can pick up another undersized wide receiver with very little upside and use him on special teams. Wait a minute I think that already happened. I guess it’s time to start cheering for the Dodgers and their bid in the ARod sweepstakes (it’s kind of like a reverse lottery).
1 comment:
I want to know the story of the kid named after dad.
And I can't believe you had anyone ask you if you are MY brother. All this time I thought I was unforgettable in Cedar City. Rats!
Post a Comment