We had a very fun and busy week. The week started out on a plane from Chicago to SLC, but when we finally returned to Cedar City we tried our best to get things back to normal.
The first half of the week was somewhat hectic as I was on call. Taking hospital admissions for all of the family practitioners in Cedar isn't as easy as I had once believed. We were very busy spending close to 3 hours rounding on patients each morning. I'm not complaining because at this stage of my career I love hospital patients because they are interesting (you don't ever want to be an interesting patient). Melissa and the kids saw very little of me Monday-Wednesday.
We left for the Powell household in West Valley (a beautiful suburb of SLC) Wednesday evening arriving just in time to put the kids to bed and get some much needed sleep bef0re the big day. Melissa spent the morning of Thanksgiving helping her mother in the kitchen while I slept, ate, and watched the new Die Hard. It's not hunting rabbits or playing in a turkey bowl, but I enjoyed myself nonetheless. You may think it was a bit unfair that I was able to relax so much while Melissa slaved in the kitchen. You would be right if you are thinking that. She's a good woman (and somewhat of an enabler for me). Ironically I happened to be sitting at the bar on the day after Thanksgiving for lunch and commented to Spencer (sitting next to me) that I was just like him being served lunch by mom. He responded by saying, "That's because we're the men, dad".
As always we had enormous amounts of food, and enough pies to satisfy everyone. Not only did I not watch any football this year, I didn't even care that I didn't watch any football. I am completely apathetic toward the NFL this year. I'm not sure how long that will last, but it may be due to the fact that my favorite team is in the race for the worst team ever and my most hated team is in the race for the best team ever. It's gotten so bad that I'm almost hoping for injuries to the Patriots (I said almost).
We are now safely back in Cedar City and looking forward to putting up our Christmas decorations this evening. I have an interview in Ogden on Tuesday but otherwise this should be a more normal week.
I'm excited for another bad year for the BCS should Hawaii win their bowl game. What a year when the one undefeated team in DIV-I football not only isn't the national champion, but isn't even given a chance to compete for that title. We desperately need a tournament.
No comments:
Post a Comment