Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The "Cold" Season

I always look forward to the Cold Season as it brings snow, hot chocolate, and christmas music. However, I always dread it as the cold season normally brings with it Colds. This year has proved to be no exception. We returned from Indiana to three kids with nasty coughs and runny noses. (Poor Grandma got more than she signed up for)

Spencer and Jessi haven't gotten much worse but poor Kristian is feeling pretty awful. The only silver lining in it is that he likes to snuggle a lot, which normally he refuses to do as there is so much to see and do all the time.

I have also found myself waking up with a sore throat and runny nose the last two days. I am hoping this is short lived as I have to sing my first solo ever on the 29th of this month. I am scared to death and being sick isn't helping to calm my nerves at all. I guess it is time to stock up on Vitamin C.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Do you have a humidifier?

Whenever I have a singing thing in the winter and I'm trying to fend off those winter colds, I sleep with a humidifier. I don't know why it works exactly, but it really does.

Also, Michael (Ballam) says that sucking on cough drops, lifesavers, whatever else is great for colds, the constant sucking keeps everything moving--hopefully out of your system.


Good luck! I know you'll do great! I'll call you this weekend.

Amber Lee said...

Hi, Melissa! Ok,if you guys move out of Cedar without me even seeing you I'm going to scream!!! We really need to get together! My family is in North Carolina right now, but we'll be back Saturday. So we need to make a date for December and GET TOGETHER!
I read over your whole blog--I'm impressed that Jake started it, by the way!--and it looks like you guys are doing really well, but busy!
Love You!
ps where are you singing a solo--in church? It's about time! :-)
brunjesbloggings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We do have a humidifier. I will have to give that a try tonight. Thanks. I am already to the body aching all over stage so I am hoping this is a quick moving cold. Cross my fingers.

Anonymous said...

Amberlee, We totally need to get together. I will look at my calander for December and find a day.

I love your haircut in your picture. Oh, and isn't your husband's name John? Sorry, my memory is horrible.

I am singing for a joint enrichment night. Some wards are putting on Women at the Well and I am singing "He Came for Me".