Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Mormon Thing

So I'm sitting here wasting time on the computer (the only woman on the OB floor delivered about 2 hours ago) and I decided to do some blog hopping.  You know, that little button at the top here that says next blog.  The first thing I notice is that men bloggers are in short supply.  I skipped through 36 blogs and found exactly 1 male post.  I feel like I'm back in my gender studies class at the U (though if I remember correctly there were 5 males in that class). 

I also noted that during my brief blog hopping episode I ran across 6 blogs written by Mormons.  Six out of 36 is a pretty high representation of this relatively small group in our country (there were only two foreign blogs).  How do I know these blogs were written by Mormons?  I dare you to disagree with me.

http://iamracheleve.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
http://richardson99.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
http://kyleandceryl.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
http://marcusandbrittanybaker.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
http://jusrach.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog
http://crazyredheads.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog

What's the deal?  Of course I have my theories.  At the top of that list is the big push for journaling (or guilt at thinking how much better the pioneers were at recording their daily activities than I am) combined with this wierd love of scrapbooking that has gone digital in the last 10 years.

Then again maybe google is paying attention to my surfing patterns and taking me to blogs like those I frequent most (that still doesn't bode well in the gender area).

We better get a picture of the family in front of the temple at the top of this blog so we can represent.  Maybe we can take care of that in June.

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Ok, so I had to check out the blogs you posted and yes VERY Mormon. But that made me think, what are the blogs after my blog? Catholic, Lutheran, another religion--not sure which one but the guy was a priest, and a news reporter. Then it hit a private blog so I couldn't go any further...I wonder if google things I'm catholic...Or not sure what to think because I post catholic & Mormon stories!? Made me laugh!

Emilee said...

I've come to believe that 50% of all craft bloggers are Mormon. But the next few blogs after mine have usually been foreign (are they always the same? I can't tell.), and I've run across a few that are marked "adult content." That put a stop to my rambling.