Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My First Quilt-Along

Sew Mama Sew is focusing the entire month of April on Quilting. I am in Heaven. Part of the month is a quilt along with a new mini quilt tutorial each Monday. I have always wanted to make some mini quilts as well as participate in a quilt along so this was perfect.

The examples are all done in black and white with chartreuse mixed in. I loved this idea so I pulled out all of my black and white and then decided to add pink. There are 4 mini quilts in total. I think these will make an adorable wall hanging (maybe even strung from a clothes line) when they are done. This is the first project I have done in a long time with out specifically making it with someone in mind. Maybe it will turn out as a gift, maybe it will end up on my etsy shop, who knows.

Here is block one!! I am really happy with the way it turned out. Stay tuned for more mini quilts to come.

This is the front.

This is the back.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

This is very cute! Can't wait to see all of them completed.

Charlotte said...

Soo so cute--and what a relief to get that sports rant off from the top of this page! Bonus!

Jake said...

Any more comments like that and we are going to have to institute some censorship.