You may remember a previous post about some of the things I have learned this year (for a refresher go here). Whereas I am 5 days from being a 2nd year resident I feel a need to continue the list.
41. Trunky is a term that applies to senior residents every bit as much as missionaries.
42. The only people who feel it necessary to share a bed in the hospital after a recent birth are teenagers and lesbians. (I appologize to any of the children reading this blog, but this is true I have yet to see an adult man sharing a hospital bed).
43. If you want to have a free day of babysitting ask your doctor if you can be discharged early in the morning on postpartum day 2 then come back to pick up your baby that evening. This is best done if you ask when your doctor is post call and not thinking straight...or an idiot. (I qualified as both and agreed).
44. 3 AM is a bad time to call a physician for an elevated lab value that was drawn 2 weeks earlier.
45. If you step on a nail and don't feel it you should probably see a doctor.
46. If you decide not to see a doctor under no circumstances should you stuff the hole in you foot with bacon. (Thanks for this one Clint)
47. It may not always be the best idea to tell the patient to go toward the light, especially when surrounded by 10 members of the patient's family. *
48. Texting while driving can't be any more dangerous than driving with your 6 year old son as you pass the giant crane and hear: ooh dad look at those hookers.
49. If your bottlefed baby is 3 months old and you can count the number of times you have fed her on one hand and you are still married you have a very good wife.
50. Chipmunks really like sunflower seeds, but they don't swim too well.
*Sorry folks, for once I didn't learn this one from personal experience, but one of the ICU nurses did.
2 comments:
When I read the one about you not feeding Kamryn, my first thought was that Melisa is WAAAY too easy on you.
Then I remembered what your life is like these days.
Still . . . you DO have a very good wife.
Oh my gosh Jake, I about snorted my water out my nose when I read the bacon one....ewww!
Post a Comment