So last week I was doing my morning tidying and making of the beds and started to clean out the top of Jessi's closet. When finished in there I moved into the boys closet followed by the toy box. I guess you can call this nesting, or just my crazy organizing and reorganizing.
While cleaning out the toy box I decided there are some great toys that don't get played with that often because they are lots of little pieces and always end up on the bottom of the toy box. These included the Mr. Potato Head, the play tools, and the doctor's tools. So throughout the last week I have whipped up a few projects to try and fix this problem. I made a bag to keep all of the Mr. Potato Head pieces in. The bag was a little boring so I dressed it up by cutting out some material and piecing together a picture of Mr. Potato Head. Then I made some tool belts for the tools with pictures of Bob the Builder and a medical bag for the doctors tools with pictures of medical equipment. (I love having so many fun prints left from my I Spy quilt.)
We finished it all off by getting a new storage container for the boys dress-ups that fits under the bed. Now the medical toys stay with the medical dress-up coats, and the tools stay with the belts all tucked nicely under the bed along with the superhero capes and such.
Most of all, I am happy to say that these particular toys have been played with almost daily since the projects have been completed. Most of this is probably do to the new nature of them, but I am happy none the less. I think each project came out pretty cute and I am happy they turned out pretty close to what I had thought up in my head.
As far as more traditional nesting goes, I still haven't done anything. My bag isn't packed for the hospital, I haven't pulled out any baby clothes, blankets, etc. The crib isn't set up. But I have thought about it more lately, so that is a step in the right direction :)
2 comments:
these projects are sooo cute!! I love that potato head bag! Too funny!! That explains why Kristian was so excited to play with our bag of Potato heads when he was here last time. :) We need to visit at least once before you have that baby!
Too cute! What a great Idea!
Post a Comment