Nothing really special brings me to the blog today but I figured it has been a while and I can always ramble.
Thought 1 - I am tired. I notice that at about 1:00 every day I am hit with a grand piano and can't seem to shake off the effects. I remember feeling this way in all my pregnancy's (especially towards the end) but that doesn't mean I like it. Yesterday it was very apparent to me as church finished at 2:30 and Jacob was on-call . Yikes, I must look like a zombie during Sharing Time.
Thought 2 - It might be time to start potty training again. Although technically Jessi still has the occasional accident and has to wear a diaper to bed so maybe I never finished potty training. Anyhow, Kristian came up to me this morning and told me he had to go poo-poo. I thought this meant he had already gone and checked and told him he was fine. He then proceeded to go into my bathroom and attempt to push Spencer off so he could get on. After calming down Spencer, I put him on, just to appease him, and low and behold, he went pee. When he woke up from his nap he told me again he needed to go poo-poo. And once again, he delivered and actually went poo-poo. This is awesome but it also scares me. We started early with Jessi and potty trained for a year and I know I am not up to that again. What to do, what to do??
Thought 3 - Thank heavens for sewing night. I haven't worked on any sewing projects except on sewing night for quite a while. If there were no sewing night my machine would be sitting idly in the corner. It's not that I don't have any projects I could be working on, it is more just trying to get up the energy to start on one. (see thought 1) Also, I have a great time at sewing night. It is such a relief to have a night to just sit and chat with other women without any children interrupting, Ah a slice of heaven.
Thought 4 - Taxes in America are messed up. Due to the fact that we have multiple deductions (3 kids) and only a half years salary this year, and bought a new house this year, we will be getting a sizable tax refund. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I am way excited to get to have some splurging money, but the amount to me just doesn't seem right. We have a nice home, and a great job, and are getting by in a terrible economy, and yet we don't have to pay any taxes. Ah well, I comfort myself by reminding me that it will probably be the last year we get a return for the rest of our lives, so I should probably live it up.
Thought 5 - Connected to thought 4, what would you do if you had a sizable return to spend? After some thought, it was decided to parse ours about, including a rainy day fund, an investment fund, a home project starter fund, a conclusion to a loan repayment, and finally some splurge money. It's the splurging part I ask about. I keep changing my mind on what I would like to splurge on, (a new sewing machine, home decor, maybe a new bed frame) but one thing is final now (as we bought it on Saturday). A 32" flat screen TV and DVD player for the bedroom. I can't believe it. I don't know how I let up on this, I always said I would never have a TV in the room. Jacob hooked me when he promised it would never be connected to the dish and was strictly for watching movies in the comfort of the bed so we didn't have to keep fighting for laying room on the couch. Jacob was on call last night so I decided to give the TV a dry run and watched pride and prejudice. It was amazing. I never want to go back to watching a movie on our old "blurry" TV on the uncomfortable couch. Ah, my husband is so wise!!
Thought 6 - Teaching children "school stuff "has never been my strong point. I have little creativity and find that when they get frustrated, I get equally frustrated, or more. However, over the last month we have been trying to work with Spencer more on numbers and reading. I am happy to say he can now count to 100 and we are getting through some beginner reading books (with help). It is so interesting to me how I feel like I am banging my head up against a wall for days and then something clicks and wham, he just gets it. It has been very rewarding to see him so excited about his successes and that is the motivation I need to get through the banging my head against the wall days. Although I still wish those were minimized as more often than not, I give up, which only increases those number of days. Ah well, one step at a time.
Thought 7 - A final thought, I am no where near prepared for this baby as I have been for the others, and strangely, that doesn't stress me out to much. Since we don't know the sex I feel there is no sense in pulling out a ton of clothes, so instead I have pulled out none. And since we don't know what room the baby will go in ,the rooms are very gender specific and we (I should say I) want the baby in the matching boy or girl room, We haven't set up the crib. And since none of that is done why would I pull out the montage of baby items in our crawl space or even pack my bag for that matter. I can't believe I am not worried about this but honestly, I am not. Go figure, maybe I have learned a little bit about going with the flow. I truly hope so as I think that will be a big part of having four kids. I can't wait.
3 comments:
About the TV--Eric and I had a similar situation. I was anti tv in the bedroom, but when we got married, we found ourselves with an extra (as well as an extra DVD player). So, it's in the bedroom, but not hooked up to cable or anything.
We hardly ever watch it, but sometimes it is nice to just lie there and watch a bit. I hate to admit it when Eric is right, but this time, he certainly was.
I need to take a lesson from you. I'm stressed out about another baby and all it entails and I'm not even pregnant! 4 kids is what it takes to go with the flow, hey? I guess I'm half way there.
On Thought 2--don't worry! Go for it! When you say you started early with Jessi, was she showing signs of being ready yet? Because I've noticed that if you start them before they're ready, they actually take longer than if you waited awhile--at least it seems that way, and I mean not just my kids, but friends' kids. So if he's wanting to get on the toilet, take advantage of it and let him go! Think of only having 1 kid in diapers (well, and pull-ups) instead of 2! $$$
Thought 3--I need a sewing night, too. I have an amazing sewing machine that I haven't used since we moved from NC!!!!
Thought 6--I bought a dry-erase board to work with Colby, and just the fun of using the board has made a world of difference in keeping his attention and making learning fun. Something to try?
Thought 7--Good for you, I say!
Post a Comment