So the weather has started to shift here and it has me rather excited. I am sure that once we are in the middle of winter I will be wishing for spring but there are so many comforts that I love about the weather cooling off. Here are a few.
One - I love wearing thick heavy sweaters. I have actually been wearing long sleeve shirts for a few days now (partially because I have been sick) but today I pulled out one of my nice thick turtleneck sweaters and I have been so comfortable. Sweaters are probally one of my favorite articles of clothing to wear.
Two - Since I was a little girl I have always enjoyed a nice cup of Hot Pero or Postum and a slice of toast. When I was a young girl and we visited my Grandmother in Canada, my mom, sister, grandma and I would always enjoy a nice cup of Postum and a slice of toast (normally with Cheese Whiz on it) while playing a game of cards. I always loved these times. As the weather changes I find myself enjoying my own nice cup of Postum and slice of toast in the evening after the kids go to bed. Not only does it warm me all the way through, but it brings back fond memories.
Three - As soon as the weather starts to change I start playing the christmas music. Today the kids enjoyed some wonderful Clay Aiken Christmas. Nothing gets me more excited for the season that Christmas Music. And although I am a little sad that this will be my first Christmas away from family (excluding our little family of course) one can't help but feel the spirit when listing to favorite songs about the Savior's birth.
And Fourth - Nothing is more relaxing than sitting on a comfy couch (especially now that we finally have one.) and reading a great book while you listen to the rain fall or watch snow fall. I just love it. I have just started the Children of the Promise series and am thoroughly enjoying myself.
5 comments:
What?? You're not coming out for Christmas??
(I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but man, that really bites!)
(do people use the phrase "that bites" anymore?)
I agree, it does bite. Jacob is on call in the later 1/2 of that day, but luckily it is Peds call and so he can take it from home. We are crossing our fingers no kids get sick Christmas afternoon after eating their whole stocking full of candy :)
Postum or Pero???? YUCK! My grandparents drink that, and I think it's awful!
But I do agree with you on the other 3 reasons. I'm excited for the weather change, too. It's still quite warm here in the middle of the day, but the mornings and evenings are finally getting cool and I love it! Time to start helping Santa make a list!! :-)
I'm so obsessed with the Children of the Promise series! :) It's so easy to get hooked to those! I'm going to start the second set of books (Hearts of the Children) for my next reads.
I dont like the winter, but I do love christmas and christmas music, and I LOVE THE FALL! I really enjoyed doing the yardwork yesterday because the weather was a bit cooler. I am looking forward to having campfires in our backyard this fall... I have nevered had postum... :)
Post a Comment