Thursday, February 14, 2008

White Valentine's

We awoke this morning to a blanket of snow in Cedar City. After a night of snow we had 8+ inches on the ground this morning. Now I love Cedar for a variety of reasons but a new reason to hit the list this past year is the ATV laws. Cedar City is an ATV town. There are certain roads in town (lots of roads) that are open to ATV traffic year-round. Technically, there are only two spots to cross Main Street on an ATV, but during the winter, all gloves are off. One stipulation of the ATV regulations states that during winter months an ATV can drive on any road within the city if that ATV is either going or coming from plowing a parking lot, driveway, or anything else that may need plowing. So essentially an ATV with a plow on it can go anywhere when it snows (the plow was up when I was doing donuts in the parking lots of the baseball fields this morning). I happen to plow the lot of an apartment complex a couple miles from where we live and I enjoyed my drive this morning. I even had a cop follow me for a block or so. There were ATV's everywhere, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Today has turned out to be a wonderful day. As often happens in Cedar the sun came out shinning bright this morning and I was able to go cross-country skiing (after plowing of course). I went up to the cabin and it was probably too much for my poor, out-of-shape body but it was very nice.

No comments: