With the Super Bowl in the rear view mirror it is time to release my take to the world. As you can see from the video Melissa posted below I was overjoyed that the Patriots lost the Super bowl (who won by the way?). I can't remember ever enjoying a game as much as I did on Sunday. I never got to the point where I felt sorry for the losers. I watched the post game coverage for hours after the game ended just so I could see Coach Bellicheat's remarks at the podium. He did not disappoint. Never in my 30 years of life can I remember a Super bowl (or any other game for that matter) where the losing coach didn't at least mention how well the opposing team played. Bellicheat didn't even acknowledge there was another team on the field. Not that I was surprised as he has approached and departed every game this season the exact same way.
For those of you who look down on me because I hate the Patriots I have a list of reasons to support my stance. I'm pretty sure that there are no Patriot fans who read this blog, and those who don't care about football will most likely skip this post, so I'm preaching to the choir, but nonetheless here is the list, in no particular order.
1. I am, and always will be, a Dolphins fan.
1-a The Patriots play in the Dolphins division requiring me to hate them along with the Bills and the Jets (and the Colts until recently thank heavens)
1-b Any team that threatens the Dolphins place in history as the best team ever deserves to be hated, ironically the Patriots loss makes the 72 Dolphins look that much more impressive so maybe I should like them just a little (I hope that isn't incorrect usage of the word ironic).
2. There are so many great things about sports and football in particular. The Patriots exhibit none of those. Football is incredibly fun to play. The Patriots, like no other team in history, treat the game like a job (especially their leader Mr. Bellicheat). There has been no sportsmanship in Foxburough in years. Running up the score is something that college teams do to impress voters, it is not something that NFL teams should be doing. No coach should leave the field of play until the final whistle blows.
3. Tom Brady, while a very good quarterback, is no Manning. Everybody talks about how great Brady is because of his post season accolades. Everybody touts him because he was a steal in the 457th round of the draft. Brady has had 3 seasons with a QB rating over 90 while Peyton has only had 3 seasons with a rating under 90. Brady has only had one season with a rating above 100 and that came in a season when his team won 16 games, his WR broke the record for touchdowns, his team scored the most touchdowns, oh yeah it also came in the season in which he played in the 4th quarter of every game. Wait you mean to tell me that in a 16-0 season in which many of the games were decided by halftime the Patriots never once pulled their quarterback in the 3rd quarter. The backup QB played in 6 games this season (he went 4-7 for 38 yards). Of those 10 games where Brady took every snap 5 were won by more than 10 points. He just doesn't deserve the all the praise he gets.
4. Brady and Moss, having played almost every minute of every game in a season where their playoff fate was secure by week 8 and having broken records for touchdowns thrown and caught in a season, have decided that they will not attend the Pro bowl because of injuries. That's a class act there. Just go ahead and follow Coach Bellicheat off of the field boys and tend to your injured pride.
5. The final reason I hate the Patriots is that every season they find a way to say that the world is against them and I'm tired of them being wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment