I never got a chance to write anything last month as we didn't have internet at the apartment and the kids were a little crazy at the library to allow me to have 15 minutes to just type. So here is my overview of Indiana. I really, really liked it. The people we met at church and in both programs are very nice and I made quite a few friends in our short visit. Of course it was cold, especially when the wind would cut through you, but I think we can handle it. One of my favorite things to do was drive around and look at neighborhoods contimplating the prospect of buying our first home. (although I have to admit, it also scares me quite a bit.) Spencer and Jessi really enjoyed the trips to the library and visiting other peoples houses so they could play with some new toys. Of course we all enjoyed our trip to Clevland to vist Doug and Meagan. What a treat. So I guess to sum it up, I can see myself being happy living there for three years, now we just have to wait and see if they want us :)
Indiana was absolutely great, but there is definetly no place like home. It is so great to be back, having the kids sleeping in their own beds and in seperate rooms. Being in a one bedroom apartment got a little tight towards the end of the month and we are so grateful for the space to spread out again. We finally finished the last of the unpacking yesterday and we got caught up on all our "being back errands". It is funny how after a month of winging it how nice everyday routine feels.
Spencer and I got a great treat last night. We went to see Kaylee and MaKell (Spencer's cousins) dance in Sleeping Beauty the Ballet. I was a bit worried about taking Spencer but he really enjoyed it. Within 5 minutes he asked me why no one could talk, but once he got the concept that you don't talk in ballet, just dance, he really seemed to enjoy it. He liked me to whisper the story to him as we went along and when they closed the curtain he let me know that "he wanted to see a long movie, not a short one" and decided that we should stay put and wait for it to start over again. Mind you, this was a 2 hour performance. It was so fun to see Kaylee and MaKell. They did a great job and you could tell they have put in a lot of hard work getting ready.
Well the funeral for President Hinkley is about to start so I think I will sign off with a thought about the man. What an amazing prophet. We were lucky enough to be in his stake when we lived in SL and he would attend stake conference. The spirit is so powerful when he walk into the building and I will always be grateful for those experiences to hear him speak up close. The thing I will always remember most about President Hinkley is his great sense of humor, and his love and vitality for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment