Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Quilting

So I finally opened an Etsy shop. It's not much to start with. Right now I just have some I Spy quilt packs but I do have aspirations to see it grow with some Quilt Kits and possibly a Quilt or two in the future. But I mostly want to keep it pretty low key. More than anything, I see it as a way to use up some stash so I can buy more :) If you want to check it out you can go here. It is called Happy Quilting!

Also, along that line, I told my mom I would post my most recently finished quilts so here they are. There is one "circle" quilt which was so much fun to put together and I am already looking forward to doing another one. There are also 2 "stacked coin" quilts using a large stash of scraps which was so much fun. I love to see them because I see 20 other quilts I have made. I already have another type of these in the works as well. Too Fun!! I have tried some new free motion patterns on each of these. I was a little shaky to begin with and not to pleased with the results but by the end of each quilt I was pretty darn happy with the results. Practice, Practice, Practice.

So anyhow, Happy Quilting!!



4 comments:

Erick said...

Melissa, these are fab!!! I really love all the great colors. You are very talented. So glad you opened up a shop. I think its a great idea for you. The circle quilt is great, love it!

Becca (on Erick's id)

Amanda and Chris said...

Those are AMAZING and so so beautiful!!

Bonnie said...

So cute!

Shanda said...

Wow! You are so talented! I hope your etsy shop goes well! Why didn't I start sewing with you guys earlier!?!?! I am trying to get a sewing group here so I can keep learning.