So the goal is to get December posted in the near future but I also don't want to get behind on this year. So here it goes.
Spencer turned 7 on Sunday!! I can't believe we have a 7 year old. Spencer is such an amazing boy. He is so sensitive and caring. He really does worry about whether or not everyone likes him. He has been studying so hard in school and is becoming quite an excellent student. He also has such a sweet little spirit and has learned a lot this year about being close to the spirit. He bore his testimony in church a few times and has learned to feel some of the promptings of the spirit. That really touched Jacob and I. We are so very proud of Spencer and love him dearly.
For Spencer's birthday we had planned to go to the hospital on Sunday to celebrate with Dad but he got swamped and so we put the birthday celebration off a day. On Monday we had a great little family party. Spencer requested a dragon cake. I told him that might be beyond my abilities and convinced him that a dragon egg cake would be just as cool. Monday morning, however, I got online and found some pictures of dragon cakes that I figured I could copy. He was so excited with the results and I must say I was pretty proud of myself too. The wings are chocolate that I melted and then poured in a mold I made of aluminum foil. Pretty cool!!
Spencer also got to pick the menu for his birthday dinner. Strangest meal I have ever put together. We had Fettuccine Alfredo but Spencer was quick to specify that it could have no green stuff or chicken. Just noodles. That was followed by raw baby carrots, homemade bread, sausage links, and Root Beer to wash it all down. He was in heaven!! And when it came time to eat the cake Spencer, of course, requested the head.
Present time came and he could not have been more pleased. Which makes me pretty happy also. All in all, I think he had a great birthday. He loved his presents, was very happy with his dinner and cake, got to play with tons of friends on his birthday and his birthday celebration day, and got to spend some quality time with Dad. Who can ask for anything more?? Happy Birthday Spencer!!
3 comments:
love the dragon cake ! Great Job. We thought of Spencer the other day and were wondering if his teeth were coming in yet that he lost a few years ago?
Thanks Angeleah, and to answer your question, No, they haven't come in and he is losing more daily. Pretty soon the whole front part will be gone. He is becoming quite the creative eater :)
Look at your cute cake! I love it!
Post a Comment