Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy and on call?

Second to last day of medicine call this month and I find myself with a smile on my face.  Is it because I'm almost done with the month?  Considering I start OB on Monday I don't think that is it (though I do prefer a month of OB to a month of medicine).  In reality my smile is because I found out last night that I passed step 3 of my boards.  What that means is I can finally get an unrestricted medical license.  No more nightmares of being an overeducated McDonald's cook for me.  It's a good day.

The reason this is important to many of you is because I can now get my Utah license (though I may have to wait until the end of this year based on Utah rules, I'll have to look into it) and with that I can call in prescriptions there legitimately.

4 comments:

becca said...

Congrats Jacob! Melissa mentioned this today. Awesome!!

Charlotte said...

This is great news! Congrats to you my brilliant brother!

Tasha said...

So what you are really saying is that I'm just a short period of time away from having a new drug dealer...SWEET!!!!

Allyson Condie said...

Congratulations! But wait. Your last sentence gave me pause. Does this mean that you have been calling in prescriptions illegitimately? ;)