Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Disappearing 9 Patch by 90

Sewing night just finished but I am not tired. I am really excited because I just finished a big project in a very little amount of time. So here is the back story - On Sunday our Relief Society President informed us that the stake is going to be making quilts to help out with Humanitarian Aid. I figured this was right up my alley and so I volunteered to put together 2 tops. I spent Sunday night loitering through my stash (my favorite part) to find just the right color combinations and then Monday morning I was on the job!! Two day later I have 2 Finished Tops. They are both done in the Disappearing 9 patch pattern just on a slightly larger scale then I am used to working with. They end up being 90" x 90". Spencer says they are "Gigantor". I am looking forward to getting them tied with the sisters of the ward so I can bind them up with a scrappy binding I am making out of the leftover pieces of material. They will be so cute and I hope they brighten someones spirits that is going through some rough trials.


3 comments:

becca said...

you are a machine! these look awesome, and even more amazing in real life. :) I really like thc color combos and the pattern. Very cool!

Charlotte said...

What beautiful work you do Melissa.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for all your help! I finished my top! Yours are so great I can't wait to see them done!