Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter

Easter snuck up on us this year and was gone in a flash.

We dyed eggs on Friday since Jacob was on-call Saturday. The kids had a great time dying and we managed not to have any spills or stains on clothes. I attribute this to their crazy mother who would let the kids set the eggs in the cup and then promptly set the cups on the counter away from any danger of being knocked over. I would bring the cup back long enough for the kids, to retrieve their egg and put it in the carton to dry. I think the part they enjoyed the most was coloring on the eggs using mom's "special" box of crayons that aren't broken into tiny pieces. And Kamryn enjoyed her bouncy chair the entire time. All in all, I would consider it a very successful Easter egg dying day.




On Saturday, we went to visit dad on-call. We came home with just enough time for a quick bath and then pj's and bed. Since dad was on-call and wasn't going to be home Easter morning I made a call to the Easter Bunny and requested that he bring the Easter fun while we were at church rather than in the night and he graciously complied.



Sunday Morning Jacob got home with a great case of the stomach flu. He was kind enough to dress up for an Easter-Family picture and then crawled back in bed again. I made it through my first sacrament meeting with 4-kids alone and have to say with few battle scars. In fact, I was rather impressed when the meeting finished and the only person I had to take out was Kamryn to change her diaper.



We came home to find that the Easter Bunny managed a visit while we were at church and the kids had a fun hour finding, sorting, and eating Easter treats. Notice how amazing the Easter Bunny is at color coding those Easter baskets. I don't know if the kids noticed but their mom sure did :)





Here is a video of the kids finding their Easter baskets. Kristian didn't find his basket for quite some time after we stopped filming as he was more concerned about eating the candy from his trail.








Our Easter Dinner wasn't quite up to par but what you gonna do. Since Jacob didn't feel good and I didn't want to get on the kids case for not eating the casserole potatoes I decided to bag the whole Easter Feast idea. Instead I made the kids their favorite, fettuccine alfredo (aka white noodles), made Jacob a slice of toast, and I enjoyed a wonderful egg salad sandwich, my favorite food of the Easter season. So everyone was happy and there was one pan to clean. Nice!!



We were not able to participate in the Annual Corry Egg-Stravaganza Egg Spinning Contest this year we had our own small family spinning fun. Spencer got pretty good at spinning his eggs and Jacob and I got a kick out of watching Kristian and Jessi stand up, and then lay down, and then stand up, and then lay down as they watched their eggs spin.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and enjoyed the time to reflect on our Savior and his marvelous gift of the atonement.

No comments: