Thursday, April 23, 2009

Aw Shucks.

I was not going to do this. I really wasn't going to do this. It was too frilly. I even commented on the blog of the creator that I wouldn't participate (after being invited to do so), but what can I say I'm an addict. I try and try to stop but I just can't.

So without further ado here is the wedding tag.


1) What was your wedding date?
You want me to say that I don't know or have to look it up, but I remember it well. 12/29/2001




just kidding it was 2000

2) How long from "I will" to "I Do"
4 months which happened to be significantly longer than the amount of time from "hello nice to meet you" to "Will you marry me".

3) Where were you married?
Mount Timpanogss Temple somewhat interesting as I pretty much abhor everything between the point of the mountain and Nephi. Something about a blue kitty..

4) What were your wedding colours?
There were colors?

5) Who was in your wedding party?
I don't even know what that means. Wedding party? I don't remember having a party. Why was I not invited to this party? Did I miss out on some gifts?

6) Honestly, could your bridesmaids REALLY have worn the dress again?
I didn't have any bridesmaids though Melissa did have a self appointed maid of honor (that's right you know who you are) and I believe she chose her own dress.

7) Did you LOVE your gown? Would you choose the same gown again?
It was so nice. I spent months looking for the perfect one. I took my mother with me to every store in the Wasatch front. Unfortunately I was never allowed to wear it to the wedding. Something about Mormon standards and cross dressing. I would definitely chose the same one again.

8) Flowers: Real or Silk?
I don't remember any flowers. I do remember a bunch of pine trees or at least that's what I'm told by my brother-in-law. Apparently it required some clean up and was slightly messy. What do I know I left long before any of that. On second thought I do remember a bouquet toss and a maid of honor bouquet that involved real flowers.

9) Reception: Full meal or Calling reception?
I guess it was a calling reception.

10) Dance or no dance?
There was music. There were lulls in the line at times and I do believe Melissa danced a bit so sure I'll say dance.

11) What would you have done differently?
I would have had my in-laws keep all our presents at their house and kept the keys to our house in my pocket. Ripping my shower curtain and damaging the porcelain on the sink while trying to remove the packing tape (that I had purchased some time earlier) was not my idea of a funny joke. Throwing away a cupboard full of canned food because the labels had been removed was somewhat wastefull too. You can't even donate canned food without labels on it. That's right folks you know who you are. I still hold a grudge. You wonder why we haven't made it back to Canada in so long.**


Okay so I don't really still hold a grudge, but for the life of me I still can't find humor in the situation, maybe in another 8 years.

12) Any disasters?
There was this one painting........

13) Best Gift you received?
I really liked the TV and bed that our parents gave us, but the more time that passes the more attached I get to the aforementioned painting. It really looks good on the wall between my two princesses.

14) Strangest gift you received?
I seem to remember a painting.*

15) Most memorable moment that day?
Looking across the cultural hall at a giant painting of a couple of little girls. Just kidding actually my most memorable moment was after all of our family and friends had left the sealing room and Melissa and I were left alone with the sealer. I don't remember a whole lot of what was said during the sealing, but I remember vividly the words he spoke to us after everyone else had left the room.


*There is a painting of Melissa and her Twin sister when they were children hanging between the crib and the bed in the girls room. It was given to Melissa as a wedding present by her sister and at the time created a stir of emotions for those involved (as well as those not involved if I remember correctly). For all the turmoil at the time it has become a very sentimental piece of art and I'm sure it will be a sought after item for the kids when Melissa and I die.

**Upon returning home from work this morning I was confronted by a somewhat perturbed wife who thought I may have offended some of our relatives. It was a joke. We haven't been back to Canada because we've spent almost every vacation since getting married going back to Utah. We really did appreciat all of the relatives who made the trip down to Utah for our wedding and look forward to some future trip to America Junior (I really want to see Banf).

5 comments:

M said...

Jake, You rock.

BTW I wasn't able to come down for your wedding, so I was not a part of the apartment trashing. Please come visit. Seriously. Canada misses you guys!

Amber Lee said...

Jake, you never fail to give me a good laugh. Love it!!!
Boy, does this take me back. I remember being a little worried about Melissa when I found out how quickly she went from VL to engaged. Glad to find out what a wonderful guy she found to help her make the transition! :-)
#4 Your colors were forest green and burgundy--yes, I remember, because I was there but mostly because I was Jennifer's roommate and went shopping with her for patterns for her dress, which is actually when I discovered the pattern for my wedding dress, even though I didn't even have a boyfriend at the time.
#7 and #8 kill me.
#11--this is a story I'm not familiar with but must hear.
OK, I'm absolutely familiar with the painting (again, Jennifer's roommate), but don't remember the disaster aspect--it rings a little bell in the back of my mind, but nothing more????
I envy your post-sealing experience. We didn't have that opportunity--they were too busy arranging our second sealing, due to a mistake in the first one.

Alison said...

Well!! I know I was deeply scarred by your comments on #11 until I read the **. As if. Actually - I feel bad that it did go the extent that it did. I'm sorry - 8 years too late. But that backdrop at the reception with all the tulle poufed just so was pretty amazing you gotta admitt! Remember? Do you remember?? Haha :) You gotta take the bad with the good from your crazy north of the border family. And don't even get me started on the whole 'America Junior' comment!! Whatever!!

Erica said...

Very funny!
That is a big waste of food-they should have labeled it on the bottom so you could have at least eaten it.

Jake said...

It was the gift that kept on giving. Every once in a while I would be in the mood for some fruit and have to eat a can of chili instead or I'd want some chili for lunch and be cooking up some beans. It probably would have been pretty funny if I wasn't so ticked, but come to think of it I'm laughing about it now. Those were some good times.