So Jacob was on call last night (so he isn't home this morning) and it snowed a ton. When I woke up I was in a rush to get all of the kids ready hoping that I could at least have time to clear a foot path for Spencer to get to his ride for school. We had bought snow shovels the other day and Jacob decided we needed a big one and a small one. He asked me (or kind of told me) to only use the small one and only throw a very small amount of snow at a time and only when necessary. (he knows my ability to over-do-it very well). I decided this was very good request and started shoveling with my small shovel in about a foot width swipes. About half way down one swipe of the drive I started to realize, at this rate, the footpath alone was going to take me all morning.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a young man pulls up in my drive with a plow attached to the front of his truck and lets me know "he's got it". He then proceeded to plow my entire drive in 2 minutes flat. I said thank you, over and over, and he said "No Big Deal" and proceeded to clear the driveway's of the condos across the street from us. The ones he gets paid to do. I felt such an overwhelming sense of gratitude to this person. So I did what all Betty-Homemakers do, I threw some brownies in a bag and ran them across the street to him and said Thank You again. I explained to him that I am pregnant and that his help was a huge blessing to me. He explained that when he saw me he just felt like I needed some help and then added that whenever he was assigned to this route he would make sure to get my driveway as well.
I am so grateful for tender mercies from my Heavenly Father. This morning was truly a blessing and I am so grateful for it. The young man kept telling me it was no big deal, but for me it was a very big deal. So whoever you are, thank you a million times over, Mr. Snowplow Guy!!
2 comments:
That is so sweet--stuff like that totally makes my day!
That is so neat! You are such a great girl! I'm glad you are being bless for it!
Post a Comment