Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Class Clown Gene

While I am flattered that so many of you think that Spencer takes after me with his clowning around I'm sorry to say that most of you are wrong. I do consider myself to have somewhat of a quick wit and I think I can be humorous from time to time, however, I am a very shy person. I tend to be quiet and reserved when I first meet people and it is only when I become comfortable that I open up and make jokes.

I thought the poll would turn out this way which is why I put it up. I don't think Melissa gets the credit she deserves. This past week I ran into one of the secretaries as work who had gone to a recruiting lunch with Melissa and some of the other resident wives. She told me what a fun person Melissa was and how funny she was. She then proceeded to tell me of the stories that Melissa told and how she had many in the room in stitches. This is not the first time someone has told me how funny Melissa is. I was always told that she was quite the crack-up by her coworkers in Salt Lake, and I was told repeatedly in Pikeville how funny her stories were.

So there you have it folks. Spencer's ability to make other kids laugh when he first meets them is something he definitely does not get from me. He has his mother to thank for that gift. I, for one, am thankful for it because I have always felt self conscious about my shyness with new people and I don't want my kids to have to deal with that.

2 comments:

Amber Lee said...

Well, now, if you put it that way, that's a different story. I wouldn't exactly call Melissa the class clown, but friendly and extroverted, that's a different story! I can definitely see where Spencer would get those qualities from her!

Ryan Esplin said...

Having attended the same high school as you, I have to chime in a bit. You weren't the classclown, but certainly someone wanted by the ladies. Don't be bashful, now.