Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The new Jordan

I'm not talking about Kobe or Lebron here. I'm talking about Tim Duncan. The guy has made some clutch shots, but he resembles Jordan in a more meaningful way. Duncan gets the calls. In the past few minutes of this game I have seen Duncan trip himself and get a foul called on Shaq. I've seen him kick the ball out of bounds and get the refs to give it back to the Spurs. I've seen him almost fall to the floor after Shaq may have touched his eyebrows and get another foul on the big man. It's one thing to win a good game, but to have the officials decide who wins this game is ludicrous. Duncan has certainly fallen from grace since David Robinson retired, but what can you expect when his elder statesman is now Robert Horry, or Cheap shot Rob as I like to call him.

2 comments:

Ryan Esplin said...

I sense some Jazzitous coming from the post. Is someone still a little bitter over a certain team from the West losing to Jordan and the Bulls?

Jordan is the best of our generation. Period.

Jake said...

I don't deny that Jordan is the best of our generation, but to say he was treated the same by the officials as everybody else is just plain wrong. The biggest highlight of his career that allowed the Bulls to beat the Jazz in 6 instead of 7 games is all it takes to confirm the facts.

Duncan now receives the same treatment. I hope the Hornets knock manu into the second row.