We were so happy to have Grandma Powell visit this weekend. First it must be said that she drove down from Salt Lake on her own. Now I know this doesn’t sound that big but for my mom it is. She had never driven farther than Provo on her own so it is a major accomplishment. Way to go Mom! She came because I was throwing a Cookie Lee Jewelry Party. I was very happy that the party went off great and lots of people came and had fun and, of course, enjoyed some delicious cheesecake. I think I am an alright cook, but I must say, when it comes to cheesecakes, I am moving up into “Desert Chef” status. Then again, I have made them a lot so I better be getting good at them by now.
Spencer had his preschool “End of the Year” Celebration on Friday and surprised us all by actually singing the songs during their performance. Spencer isn’t much of a singer (still can’t sing the ABC’s) so this was a wonderful treat to his Dad and I. He has grown so much this year in preschool and I am just so thankful for his 2 teachers. As corny as it sounds, they are truly touching lives. Spencer’s last day is on Thursday and I am pretty sure that it is going to be hard on him. He really has come to love his classmates and his teachers and I am sure he will miss them.
We fly out on Sunday to Indiana / Kentucky to look for our house and to attend Jacob’s Graduation. I can’t believe it is finally here. I am so excited to get to see old friends again. I also can’t believe that we are buying a house. It just seems so grown-up. After living a rather transit life for 4 years this will be quite the big step for us. I go back and forth from being totally excited to totally freaked out. Such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment