Those that stood in the circle for the blessing were Jacob's father, my Father, Robert, Dave, Bishop Whetmen, and Jacob. (Posterity effort :) Jacob gave a beautiful blessing and Jocelyn slept the whole time. She looked adorable and the spirit was very strong.
And important part of her blessing was that "she would be able to hear the words of the prophets and follow them." This is so important because we have been very concerned about Jocelyn's hearing. She failed both of her hearing screens at the hospital and the subsequent one 3 weeks later. So we had to follow up with the audiologist. We met with them 3 weeks ago and the test had to be scheduled because of equipment malfunction. We have been very nervous over the last few weeks as we still see very little response on her part to noises. But we just continued to pray in faith that all would work out.
Yesterday was her second hearing test. And I am so happy and relieved to report that while the news isn't perfect, it is extremely good. The test showed that she is hearing but the responses time of the hearing is delayed. The doctor said this could be for one of two reasons most likely. 1 - She still has fluid in her ears. If this is the case, they will continue to dry and all will be just fine. 2 - She has partial hearing loss. If this is the case, we would be looking at hearing aids and eventually all will be just fine as well.
So we will be redoing the test in 3 months and hoping for outcome 1 but being just fine it if is outcome 2 as well. When you were concerned about deafness and the life that would mean, hearing aids don't sound bad at all. I can't being to express how grateful we are for this little miracle in our life and I am so happy that the results were so positive. We are truly mindful of the Lord's hand in our life and grateful for all of the prayers that were given in Jocelyn's behalf.
3 comments:
Oh, I'm so happy for you that the news is good.
I am so sad that we weren't able to come down for her blessing! I was under the impression until that Friday that it was the first Sunday in December. I'm sure it was wonderful. I am very glad to hear that things went will with the audiologist and that everything is going to be great. Also, did I miss something in the time that I have seen you guys? How long has Spencer been wearing glasses? I never noticed them before....anyway, love you guys!
We missed you guys, but no worries. We know how work schedules and such go. Spencer just got his glsses last week. They look pretty good on him, I think :)
Post a Comment