Thursday, November 3, 2011

It had to happen sometime!!

A few weeks ago we had another one of those "I can't believe she did that" incidents.  And of course, it involved this little stinker.


Kami is the first to do many things in our house that none of the other children ever tried.  She was the first to color all over my couch, she was the first to eat markers, she was the first to hide in my bathroom and attempt to put mascara on her eyes and end up like this . . .  (and she has done this like 5 times now :)


And now . . .  She is the first to stuff something up her nose and not be able to get it out.  She came to me the other day just howling and shoving her finger up her nose (only lodging the item even further ) and when I looked all I saw was bright green.  I called Jacob, who was at work, and he said to try with some tweezers and if I couldn't get it out, call Dad, and if he wasn't home to bring her in.

Well the tweezers did not work at all.  Not only could I not get a hold of the item, I didn't have enough hands to hold onto the tweezers and keep Kami's hands from swinging at me.  And then I attempted to call Dad who was up the mountain, so I was down to the last option of taking her in.  So I called Mom, who thankfully left Wal-Mart to come sit with the other kids, (Could you imagine how awful it would have been to take them all in) and took Kami into so Daddy could come to the rescue.

And he did.  We were in and out of the clinic in about 2 minutes.  (I am so fortunate that my insta-care is  truly instant!!!)  Kami was fabulous, she laid still and let her Daddy dislodge one necklace bead from her nose.   Good Times!!!

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Awesome. Doesn't it just ROCK to be a mom of a toddler?