
When I was in middle school I read "The Alliance" by Gerald Lund. To this day this is still one of my favorite books. The society in "Matched" shares the same aura as the alliance did for me.
It's funny because as I read this book and contemplate choice I see how this can be seen in our world. Because of my beliefs I see a world that becomes less and less about choice when I choose a path that limits freedom. I see a world where we relinquish control of our own agency to others based on bad choices we make. At the same time I think of my best friend in medical school. Being an atheist, he would say that I have already given up control of my agency to the rules and regulations of my religion.
So Ally, if you happen to read this in the next month or so, thank you for this book. I'm excited to ponder on the thoughts that it has placed in my mind.
To the rest of you, I highly recommend this book.
1 comment:
I'm about half-way through. Loving it!
Post a Comment