Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Getting Better :)

Okay, so I overreacted after the first day of homework. I have been known to do that one or two times in the past :) Day 2 was better, there was still a bit of frustrated tones that might be close to yelling. But they were super short and then I would remind myself to take a deep breath. We are now on day 3 and today there was no raising of the voice. Not even any frustrated tones. Although I should mention that I didn't make Jessi work on anything. Ya, that is probably cheating.

I am happy to say that even though we took the day off, Jessi and I are making progress. It's super slow, but it is progress. And now that she actually has to be learning this stuff I am much more motivated to not give up all together like we did this summer :)

I am also happy to say that Spencer did most of his homework on his own today only needing a few prompts to stay on task. He read me 2 stories and his reading continues to improve.

I am working on continued patience and on learning to improve my ability to teach my children. I know that the parents roll in helping to educate their children is huge, I just wish it came with a manual :)

1 comment:

Emilee said...

If you find the manual, make a copy for me, please. And good luck with the homework. I only had to help Olivia with two math problems, and I nearly lost it. I'm working on patience.