Monday, June 28, 2010

Quilt Along - Week 2

I am loving this quilt-a-long. It was just the motivation I needed today. The last few days have been a little harsh on me. The morning sickness I can handle, it's the migraines that keep coming along with the morning sickness that are completely wasting me. So as I was lying on the bed this afternoon convincing myself that I will be fine in 5 more minutes, it hit me, today is Monday, and that means there are two more blocks in my quilt-a-long. I decided a bag of popcorn and some Tylenol would cure what ailed me and began sewing. It's 45 minutes later, and I feel great to have accomplished something today!

Block #3

Block #4 - I don't know why this picture keeps rotating, oh well :)
Here are the 4 blocks to date. I am so excited about this project! I love Christmas!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are just too cute! I love the waves in the first one. Also, I pray you feel better soon (but not too soon! Sometimes that morning sickness is very necessary!)

becca said...

awe, these are looking so cute! Im sorry about your headache.

Thanks for all your help this morning! That alone was enough to claim being productive today! you helped me lots and lots.

Enjoy the evening!

Garilyn S said...

I love the Christmas prints. Makes me wish I was doing Christmas too. I'm just going to use up odds and ends that I've accumlated from odd projects or been given.

Unknown said...

Your blocks are looking so great! Sorry you aren't feeling well though - blessings to you and your wee one.

Pam said...

Your blocks are sooo sweet. I love the wavy fabric. Hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

Hope you're feeling better. Morning sickness plus a migraine is awful! Your blocks are cute, I love the Christmas print.

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling much better! when are due? I love the wavy print...so awesome your Christmas prints!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Your blocks look so great. I think your quilt will be awesome when you finish it.

Amy Sp said...

They look great Melissa. I especially like the white fabric with the stars, candy canes, etc.

Sue said...

Love your Christmas blocks! Glad you felt better after sewing them :)

Shannon w/ Monkey Dog Quilts said...

Uber-fantabulous fabrics! Oh, I'm soooo in the mood for some hot chocolate. LOL! Sew On!

Quiet Quilter said...

See, quilting can cure your ills..hope your morning sickness runs its' course soon.

Like your choice of fabric.

Anonymous said...

I never would have thought of a Christmas quilt and now your is the second I have seen! I just love the idea and your squares look great!