I've always liked Rick Reilly, and his recent article on the BCS and the Utes is no less than awesome. To get the true picture you really need to read it outloud. Actually I've done that for you below. Enjoy.
Here's the link if you want to read it
Here's another great article from the Washington Post
I do know how to say Amish, but I didn't want to rerecord the whole article (the current recording was my third attempt and I'm not sure Melissa would have allowed a 4th)
Addendum:
The sportswriters voted Utah to the number 2 spot. Only 16 of the 65 writers had the guts to make the right choice. What a crock. Has there ever been a year in the history of college football that ended with only one undefeated team and that team finished 2nd? There have been other undefeated teams to not be ranked number one, but if a team is good enough to be number 2 what rationale keeps just one one-loss team ahead of them?
Once again the BCS has proven to be the worst thing to happen to college football in my lifetime, and complain as they may, 48 national sports writers had a chance to make a statement, and do the right thing but they couldn't.
College football has officially fallen to the level of gymnastics and figure skating in my ranking of sport, just above synchronized swimming.
In the end I'm proud of the Utes. Two undefeated seasons in five years. I'll take that over a one-loss BCS champion any day of the week (honestly), and though I would have like to have the AP vote I'll settle for the national championship as given by Rick Reilly.
1 comment:
It cracks me up that you actually read and recorded that with the pictures. I'm not a big sports fan myself, but I have heard Jonathan's rants about the BCS, so I listened just for kicks. But the coolest thing about it to me is that you did it at all. You're die hard!
Post a Comment