I'm in Tucson for a CME until Monday and I love it. I went out on a hike today called 7 falls. It was an 8 mile round trip up a canyon (I've gotten more exercise in the past 3 days than I have in the past 3 months). It was awesome! Not a lot of people like the smell of cactus and sagebrush, but I love it.
The first picture is just to prove that I was really there (I probably should have wiped some of th sweat out off of my face, but that just adds to my enjoyment of being somewhere that isn't 20 below). The rest show the falls and the canyon. The pictures actually loaded in reverse order so you get the end first.
There are only two good things about not having Melissa and the kids here with me. One of those is that I get to go on 8 mile hikes up canyons in an afternoon (no chance that happens with 3 kids). The other is that it won't be quite as excruciating to leave Tucson because when I get home I get see Melissa and the kids and I really miss them.
3 comments:
Hey Jake next time Doug comes to Cedar we are having a newsies party if you want to come!! It will be grand.
Wouldn't miss it for the world.
I'm with you on the smells, especially sage brush when it's wet! Nothing like the smell of home!
Post a Comment