Sunday, December 21, 2008

Electronic Christmas Letter

Here is a copy of our Christmas letter this year. If you received a copy in the mail feel free to skip down to the pictures but for those that didn't Jacob wrote the letter this year. You know that means a fantastically witty annual Christmas letter. Sorry to those that did not receive a copy of this in the mail. We love and think of you all but unfortunately I don't have the time, and/or energy to repeat my wedding invitation process ever again.


Dear Family and Friends,

“Life is just like an old time rail journey … delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” -Gordon B Hinckley

This year began in Cedar City, Utah for us. I finished my 4th year of medical school at Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine. As I have often been asked if my medical school education was online I will inform you that the 4th year of medical school is almost entirely filled with elective rotations (elective in that you choose which rotations to do not elective in choosing whether or not to do them). I chose to move my family back to Cedar City and finish out my schooling with the doctors I plan to work alongside in the future.

In the spring we received news that we would be moving to South Bend, Indiana to start a 3 year residency in Family Practice. Following graduation in June we bought a house, loaded up the Penske and anxiously began our next adventure in life.

Let me share with you some of the beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.

Spencer will be 6 in January. He started Kindergarten this year and seems to enjoy each and every day. At a recent parent-teacher conference we were informed that Spencer is a joy to have in class because he approaches each day with such enthusiasm. According to his teacher Spencer is genuinely excited and almost surprised to see his friends each morning in class. It’s almost as if he is expecting them, or us, to move….

Jessi, 3, is overjoyed to have her own room fit for a princess. Melissa outdid herself painting and decorating Jessi’s room with stripes of pink and green along with shelves to display her Cinderella collection (graciously bestowed upon her by her wonderful Aunt Corinne). I’m somewhat surprised Melissa didn’t splurge on a Cinderella Fathead to put on the wall (if you don’t know what that is you need to ask the football fan in your family).

Kristian is a true Corry. Growing up it seemed everybody in my family had a strange nickname. I had a brother named Luther, a sister named Pard, I was called Frank from time to time. There were others, but I can’t remember them right now. At any rate Kristian is our little Nader, sometimes Naderman (pronounced like skater as opposed to chatter). He turned 2 on the 5th of December and enjoyed every minute of his birthday. This year has seen him start to walk, and talk. He’s still growing like a weed and he gets stronger every day. I have visions of him being my star football player in a few years (not that I’m trying to relive my life through my children or anything like that).

Melissa is somewhere between the 3rd and 7th months of her 4th pregnancy. I do know she is due in March (though I’m not sure on the date). She had an ultrasound so I know she’s past 20 weeks. The baby was not at all cooperative so we don’t know the sex. I’ve thought about taking her into the clinic or the hospital and playing around with the ultrasound myself, but we both are pretty excited to be surprised this time around. Melissa loves South Bend! She has made some wonderful friends and is slowly but surely making this house into quite a home.

Through the year we’ve experienced tragedies and triumphs, sicknesses, and health. We’ve felt love and longing, and this year, like no other, we feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the journey.

We wish you all the merriest of Christmases and hope this finds you well.

Love,
The Corrys

The first picture is what we sent out with the letter and then I added some additional pictures from the same photo session.










1 comment:

Bonnie said...

YOu have such a cute family! I love the pictures!