Doug and Maegan are here (more on that in a future post) and we decided to grill some burgers out back. I tried a new recipe with the burgers and they were awesome so I will share my recipe with the 3 of you who read this blog. Bob, if you ever find time to see this page you can skip this post because it includes mushrooms.
1. Beef - I 1 pound of 80/20 beef
2. 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3. 2 Tbsp A1
4. 1 egg
5. 1/2 regular size onion, diced (makes almost 1/4 cup)
6. 1/4 cup bread crumbs
7. 1 can mushrooms
8. 1/4 cup Velveeta cheese
9. 1/4 milk
10. fried egg for each burger
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl. When well mixed form into burgers 5 - 6 inches across (they shrink on the grill).
Fry the eggs, preferably in a cast iron skillet with butter flavored Crisco (this is especially nice if you happen to have a side burner on your grill)
Saute mushrooms, once again this can be done in the cast iron skillet with butter flavored Crisco. Drain excess Crisco. Cut Velveeta into 1/2 inch squares (the smaller the better). Add milk and Velveeta to mushrooms and stir until cheese sauce is smooth.
Place burger on bun (mayo, mustard, ketchup as desired) top with layer of mushroom cheese sauce, layer lettuce, tomato, and pickles (if desired) on top of cheese. Place fried egg as the top layer below the bun (I prefer to have the yolk soft but it's good either way).
As you might imagine the end result is a very tall burger and it is delicious.
Next time I'm adding avocados to the finished product.
2 comments:
The three that read this blog:
Me, Ryan, and Becca?
I'll have to make some of these burgers and wee how it goes.
Oh-I forgot about mom and dad.
Post a Comment