So I have been posting a lot about quilts lately. It so happens that I have been quilting a lot lately as well. While surfing around this morning for some inspiration I stumbled along this blogger quilt festival and of course I had to enter.

So I thought it would be appropriate to enter the quilt that began it all.

In the beginning, Just Kidding. About 6 1/2 years ago Jacob got accepted to medical school in Kentucky. (Wow that's been awhile.) Before moving, I went to my mom and asked her to teach me how to quilt. I was worried about how busy Jacob was going to be and how much time I was going to be at home with just me and Spencer (1 at the time) and figured quilting would be something fun to keep me busy during nap time and late nights. So my mom taught me all she knew while we pieced the first block together. And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship . . .with quilting that is. I have now been quilting 6 1/2 years, I have lost track of how many quilts I have made and I continue to expand my quilting skills. I am in love with quilting and even though I now have 4 kids, I still take full advantage of nap time and late nights to whip out a few more blocks :)

I picked this pattern those 6 /12 years ago to give to my wonderful mother-in-law who loves Santa. It is Santa through the year. It has so much fun appliqué. (Thanks mom for helping me with that). I had so much fun creating this quilt and learned so much along the way. I wish I had a better picture but this was before we went digital :)
16 comments:
This is such a creative idea for a quilt. Wonderful applique!
Wonderful story. I look forward to the day my girls want me to teach them to quilt. I think my oldest is on the brink.....
lovely congratulations
i love santa. i love all the different santas. great job
What a beautiful quilt! You must such great memories of making it with your mother. It will make a great heirloom to pass down.
What a lovely quilt:)
so adorable! I love it.
Love it. I have always had a mental block when it came to putting my Christmas fabric together. This inspires me
A terrific post and terrific quilt! That's a lot of applique! Thanks for sharing!
That was your first quilt? Awesome!
That is such a cool quilt. Lucky mother-in-law.
A lovely idea for a quilt.
wow what a challenging quilt to begin with-it is amazing what we can do if we don't know we cant'.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com
What a beautiful quilt!
This is such a great quilt! Love Christmas quilts, so much fun to drag out and decorate with!
what a darling quilt idea--i wish i could see it better--old eyes aren't helpful! i love santas too--haven't done an actual quilt quilt with them but this is an idea i might just have to do. my ddil started quilting while my son was in med school, now while he's doing his residency, she's accepted my offer of the older brother machine i had and i starting to sew--i'm just ecstatic. have a great day and thanks for sharing. come visit me if you find time.
Post a Comment