Monday, May 3, 2010

My Latest Projects!

So lately I have been in a real quilting frenzy!! Which has been rather enjoyable! Along with the 4 mini quilts I posted earlier, I also finished 5 tops last month and quilted and bound 3 of them. I can't post all three as one is for a gift that hasn't been given yet. But here are two of the three I finished.

This quilt was given to a friend here in South Bend that will be moving soon and is in the middle of the adoption process. I'll miss you guys and pray that everything will go smoothly for you! I love stacked coin quilts and thought an all pink one would just be so cute! Don't you just love the pink polka-dots!

arrgh . . I didn't realize the picture was rotated :(

I also changed up the quilting doing a loop de loop pattern instead of my standard stippling. I find this stitch very fun and relaxing.



Okay, so I have been told that this next story makes me seem a little, oh what's the right word, "Molly Homemaker" maybe, but here it goes.

There is this wonderful person, Kristen, at the Wal-Mart studio that has been taking our pictures for the last 2 years. I only ever get the introductory package and yet she still takes the time to get great pictures each time we come in. And I keep thinking that I want to say thank you some how, other than buying $100.00 worth of prints. So the last time I was in getting Kami's pictures we starting discussing how she is expecting her first and it's a little boy. And wham, thank you found.

I found this idea on Sew Mama Sew. It was talking all about how it was made for a little boy to take to preschool, so the mom didn't want to spend to much time on it but still wanted it to be cute. And once again, perfect for my thank you! I love, love, the ducks!!



I was trying to make the quilting look like waves. I was pretty happy how it turned out.



And last but not least, I made a trade with another friend here in South Bend. She made me this wonderfully adorable Family Home Evening Chart.



I am working on a quilt for her in exchange. It's a tutorial from Piece N Quilt and here is a sneak peak.






4 comments:

Emilee said...

Amazing, as always. I love the hexagon quilt.

becca said...

how sweet to make that quilt for your photography 'friend' Have you given it to her yet? Its adorable.

cute stuff!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't yet, we are going in for some more pictures this month so I figure I would give it to her then.

Honestly, This is about the easiest quilt I have ever made. It would be a great starting quilt for anyone who wanted to try quilting.

Shanda said...

That duck quilt is SO INCREDIBLY CUTE!!! I bet she'll cry!!! How do you do those awesome designs? Does your sewing machine just do it or do you have to do all the swirls. Your talents never cease to amaze me!