Melissa had her ultrasound today. She has gone into this 3 previous times and each time she has been disappointed. She tries to hide it, but I know. You see, Melissa has been hoping for twins since before Spencer was born and she doesn't give up hope until after the ultrasound. Single heartbeats can be explained away as can her normal for gestational size, but she just can't argue with the ultrasound tech. Today was no different. I tried to cheer her up by telling her she gets to keep the minivan (I was threatening to purchase a Tahoe or Yukon if we ended up with twins, now my SUV dreams will have to wait another couple of years).
To my poorly trained eye everything looked good. The baby is measuring 4 days big and the placenta is anterior.
We are excited to be having a boy... or a girl. The baby was very uncooperative and the sex was unable to be determined. We're both excited to not know (it seems to have curbed Melissa's disappointment at only getting one).
7 comments:
But what about me? I want to know! Will the Jane/Eliza/Heather/Doug's daughter girl club have another member, or will they have a boy to torment? Which is it going to be? The suspense might just kill me.
I used to think I might want twins, just because it would be a way for Eric and I to have more kids than we will probably otherwise be able to have.
However, the past month and a half have convinced me that I never ever ever want to have twins. One at a time is QUITE enough, thank you.
My condolences (and congratulations) to Melissa all the same.
How fun to have a surprise! Exciting, exciting, exciting! I think . . .um. . . girl. That's my vote.
Well...... Not to disqualify any of your feelings of disappointment, but just to be careful what you wish for, and count your blessings. You may not know (or remember) that I had a TRAP sequence pregnancy, which resulted in the death of one twin, and put my daughter in NICU for 29 days after being taken prematurely. Rough and crazy times to be sure. Not a pity party - just trying to keep it all in perspective for you. Love you guys, and I vote a girl too :)
Only you would want twins while your husband is in residency! you amazes me! Such a super mom. How fun you get a surprise.
hmm...we must be opposites. I'm always nervous going into the ultrasound because I'm afraid they might tell me I'm having twins. One at a time, thanks! But I guess being a twin puts the fun more in perspective. Or maybe it's the brandy talking...didn't your mom have brandy (or something) when she was in labor with you guys?
It was actually Vodka in Orange Juice (I think they are called screwdrivers) and the doctor perscribed them to stop early onset of labor. Sometimes I wish I could have had my babies in the 70's :)
That's funny. I'm always secretly hoping for twins, too, but now I know that the Lord knows what my body can and can't handle, and there's a very good reason I don't have twins. Well, that and the fact that there aren't any in my family! :-)
I think it would be fun to be surprised on the gender--I wanted to with this one, but Jonathan refused, and since we have nothing for either gender, I thought I'd better find out anyway!
Post a Comment