Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crazy Cravings

Lately I have been having some major cravings. I mainly crave 3 food products, one at breakfast, one at lunch, and one at dinner. They are as follows

Breakfast - McDonalds Breakfast Burrito's

Just about every morning I wake up thinking man I could really go for a breakfast burrito this morning. If there were a McDonalds between our house and Spencer's school I would be in big trouble. Lucky for me (and my budget), there is not and so I am only tempted on mornings we go get groceries. But each time the drive-thru line always seems to be way to long to be worth the wait and there is no way I am using the energy to get Jessi and Kris out of the van just to go in and get a breakfast burrito. So instead I eat something at home that's quick and easy (pop tarts come to mind.)

Next is Lunch. This is where I satisfy my cravings. I love the Johnsonville Beddar with Cheddar Sausage Dogs.

The bad thing is I like them a lot, and normally have them for lunch 3-5 times a week. I stock up when they go on sale and that is quite frequently. Now my husband (who is a doctor) tells me this isn't to healthy. This I understand and I remind myself constantly. However, when lunch comes around I find myself frying up one (and on a few occasions 2) without even realizing it. In fact just typing this I am realizing how grateful I am that we have playgroup today and that the temptation will be far away. If this baby comes out with an insatiable appetite for hot dogs I will know why.

Now to Dinner time. I am obsessed with Pizza lately.

Every time a pizza commercial comes on TV I start to salivate. Every night when I start to figure out what to make for dinner I think I could really go for a pizza. This craving has gone so far that I have been dreaming about pizzas for about 3 nights in a row. Last night, I was delivering pizza's and kept getting disappointed when people would pay for their pizza because if they had changed their mind I would get to eat it so it didn't go to waste. 2 nights ago was my favorite dream. I dreamt that I was a first year medical intern (so that I could be as smart as my husband) and I was about to deliver a baby in a check-up room with the cast of Grey's Anatomy. I washed my hands, then put my hair in a pony-tail, and then proceeded to deliver the baby via c-section without any anesthesia. It went well and we all headed down to the cafeteria for lunch. The whole way there I asked every cast member where you can get the best pizza in town. Crazy I tell you.

I did satisfy this craving last week when I made homemade pizza with my mom's great pizza crust recipe. It was so good. BBQ Bacon Chicken, my favorite. The only problem is you have to think ahead of time so the crust has lots of time to rise and normally I don't do that. Jacob doesn't like cheap frozen pizzas so I never buy them and I won't pay for the good ones. Although I stare at the California Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza in the freezer section for quite awhile before deciding it isn't worth it and moving on.

I am hoping these cravings will pass soon or that I will start craving something with less grease and fat like carrots, or salad. Is that to much to ask?

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I used to dream about Krispy Kreme donuts.

becca said...

this is sooo funny!!! you know, the pizzas from the freezer section are often on sale and watch for coupons... I will give you my coupons if you want. I could eat a whole frozen pizza myself. Your dreams are cracking me up!!! That baby won't fatten up on carrots and salad, so I say bring on the brat. LOL!!