Monday, October 13, 2008

Picture Update

So I spent last Friday, downloading, uploading, editing, and ordering pictures. Friday morning Spencer asked me to see the pictures in the photo album of his Halloween costumes when he was a baby. This caused me to pull the albums out of the closet and realize that I haven't inserted any new pictures in a year. (mainly because I ran out of room in the album) So I started with ordering a new album, and then set to the task of downloading all of our current pictures off of 2 memory cards, editing them all, uploading them to snapfish, and then ordering a years worth of pictures. It took a while but I feel great that it is done. The albums also have a new home in the book shelf (where I think they should belong) so hopefully that will help me to keep them updated more often.


I also realized, as I was downloading pictures, that I haven't put any pictures on the blog recently. So here is an update of what we have been up to lately, in pictures.

Here is Spencer and Jessi at the Tailgate for the ND Football game that Jacob and his brother Doug were able to attend. They managed to beg these hats and bracelets off of neighboring tailgaters. Sometimes they can be little stinkers, but cute little stinkers. Jacob and Doug had a great time at the game and ND came away with the win, so an all around great time. Meagan and I had a great time once we got home and everyone took a nap, ah that is the good life.


The kids and I drove to Michigan a few weeks ago to go raspberry and apple picking. The kids quickly got bored with the raspberry picking and so that was left to me. But when it came time for apples they were all to happy to help. Jessi wanted to hold the bag, even when it got to heavy and she decided to just drag it across the ground.


Spencer wanted to help by getting the apples out of tree. Sadly, this I think was Spencer's first time climbing a tree. He was a little nervous at first, but eventually figured it out, and now, anytime we go anywhere he is on the lookout for good climbing trees. He is getting quite comfortable in the trees and now it is his mom who gets nervous.


For playgroup this week we went to a farm. It had everything, and although this picture doesn't show every one's excitement, we had a great time. We started with this hayride.

Then it was off to the corn maze. I started with everyone holding hands but that didn't last for more than about 30 seconds. Kristian was all about picking his own directions and no matter how many times he tripped over fallen corn stalks, he was determined to do it on his own.
This was one point where all of the kids were actually together. After this Spencer went off with his friend Oliver, Jessi followed but quickly got nervous when she couldn't see mom and stayed put crying until mom and Kris caught back up.

Next was the pumpkin patch. Spencer didn't take long to find his and bag it up. Kristian choose once again to do it all on his own, and even managed to carry his pumpkin around for a second or two, then he feel on a vine and figured mom could carry it the rest of the day. Carrying around 3 really does get heavy.


We finished up the day with lunch, a huge playground and a petting zoo. Spencer really liked the rabbits. All in all, it was a great afternoon and the kids had a blast. And surprisingly, I wasn't as worn out as I thought I would be. Bonus.


Jacob's brother Mark has been staying with us this last week while he does some rotations at the 2 hospitals. The kids have loved having their Uncle Mark here, especially because he is always willing to wrestle with them, give them elevator rides, and play checkers or candy land. On Thursday evening we headed downtown to the College Football Hall of Fame. This is the kids 4 visit but they still find new ways to entertain themselves.


I think their favorite part was playing outside afterwards. Uncle Mark taught Kristian the proper start stance. Isn't he cute. Once again, another fun filled day for all of us Corry's.


So that is what we have been doing lately. We will be sad to see Uncle Mark leave on Tuesday but we are all happy that his absence will be replaced by my mom aka Grandma Powell. I don't know what my kids are going to do when November rolls around and they are stuck with just Mom and Dad again.

3 comments:

becca said...

hey great shots of the farm. looks like you guys had a great time!

I think your photo project is a great one. Something I really need to work on as well. One of these days... :)

Ryan Esplin said...

Great pictures!

Bonnie said...

I still can't believe how much Kristian has grown. He is so cute along with your over kids!