Friday, September 26, 2008

Taking the Morning Off

Today I get to go to Lunch!! I am so excited. I have a wonderful friend watching the kids and I get to go out and enjoy myself with other wives from the hospital. We are having this year's first meeting of the Spouse Network. (I don't know exactly what we are doing as it is our first meeting, but I assume it has something to do with interviews and the spouses that attend.) So to celebrate the occasion of having a Lunch out I decided to take the rest of the morning off. Makes sense right. We had playgroup here yesterday so I got the entire house cleaned on Wednesday. And I have gotten a lot of projects done this last week so I am feeling good about my accomplishments this week. So this morning I did manage to get Spencer to school and the kids fed breakfast and since I have had breakfast, I've have checked the menu of where we are going and picked my lunch item, (those who have been out with me know that this can take me a while.), checked all the blogs on my list, Looked at some quilt websites, and now I am off for a hot bath and my book. Every once and a while it is nice to just indulge a little.

2 comments:

becca said...

I am so glad you made some time for you! You deserve a break now and then! Glad the lunch went well, I didn't know you 'take your time' ordering food. Interesting....

Powell Family said...

That is so wonderful that you got to go out and have a good time! We mom's don't get that kind of stuff often enough, so I am glad you made it really good with a bath, book and everything! And way to go on your accomplishments!