Okay, so the title might be a little dramatic. This morning Jacob and I headed down to the clinic where Jacob removed 9 moles from me. These are my observations of having a husband who can now perform my medical procedures.
First, I am a wimpy patient for my husband. Although I think I was not a bad patient by any sense of the word, I know that had it not been my husband, I would not have commented on all of the sticking and stinging. I have always had the grin and bear it attitude at the doctor. However, when it is my husband inflicting the pain, it was much more comfortable and easy to say, "Ouch", and the occasional "Holy Smokes, that one stings".
Second, for reasons, which should be obvious, this was by far my most comfortable visit to the doctors. That just made me very happy to realize how nice that will be for me for the remainder of my life.
Third, My husband has a fabulous bedside manner. After every stick he apologized, and then kept telling me what a great job I was doing. I later commented that he only apologized because it was me and that he wouldn't do that for all his patients. He quickly corrected me and informed me that he does apologize to all of his patients that he has to inflict pain on. I was pleasantly surprised by this knowledge.
I must say, today I was very grateful to be Mrs. Dr. Corry.
1 comment:
Oh the memories. I remember dad freezing warts off of my fingers. I would cry, and he would apologize after every touch of the liquid nitrogen.
When I moved up north and (finally)got a family doctor that wasn't my dad, I was much more inhibited, and I "tuffed it out" much much more.
Even now-when I caught the monster pregnancy cold a few weeks ago, I called dad at least four times to complain and get his advice. But, when I saw my doctor this week and I told/asked him about it, what did I say?
"Oh, I've been having a bit of trouble with colds and coughs lately, and I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do about that . . . "
Poor dad. Poor Jacob.
;)
Yup. Jacob's
Post a Comment