I never thought I would actually enjoy NBA games more than the NCAA tournament, but I've got to say I did this year. I never really got into College Basketball this year (oh yeah congratulations Justin on your win). Some of it was probably that as we are in Cedar we have better things to do than sit around and watch basketball every Saturday. Of course the match and all that led up to it didn't help me immerse myself in March Madness. The fact that the Western Conference playoff race is incredible and that the Jazz have won just enough to keep me from writing off this season has helped as well. In the end though the College game was just too sloppy. I was all excited for the final four with 4 stellar teams then I watched the UNC-Kansas game. What a pathetic excuse for basketball that was. I saw so many turnovers and poor shots I thought I might vomit (watch out for that feeling a little bit later in the blog). Say what you want about the excitement of the college game, but in the end I'm going with the crisp play of the Western Conference over any last second shot in this year's pathetic final four.
So I find it somewhat interesting that Hillary has been caught embellishing her stories as of late and that she is blaming her sources for not giving her correct information. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't she already used that excuse in the past? Oh right, that was when she tried to defend her vote to go to war with the rest of congress. I can't wait to see what tales she spins this week.
I'm in the second week of my final medical school rotation (It's been a long tunnel but the light sure is nice). I'm doing Orthopedics this month and it has been pretty good. I've seen a lot of x-rays and I'm not quite as lost when looking at MRI scans as I used to be. I enjoy the operating room quite a bit as with most of my other surgery rotations. Ortho is essentially carpentry on the body. The tools are all the same ones you find in most men's garages, just a little shinier and much more expensive. You have the drill with numerous rechargeable batteries and the screwdriver that looks like it could have been picked-up at the dollar store (but probably cost well over $100). I could probably do without the splatter from the bone saw on my glasses, but there's nothing quite like the feeling of pounding a steel rod into someones tibia with a steel mallet. I've also decided during the past week that we will never own a trampoline or a dog. In just one week I have seen far too many finger problems from leash accidents and quite a number of kids with trampoline induced fractures.
Stay tuned for future stories from the OR.
No comments:
Post a Comment