Spencer learned the word inert in school the other day. Since that time he has been explaining to us which of the things in the house are inert and which are alive (apparently inert is the opposite of alive to a 5 year old). At dinner I decided to have some fun with him so we started talking about robots, both the cartoon and toy varieties (only the toy robots are inert). We were eating chicken strips for dinner and I asked him if his chicken was alive or inert. Being the genius that he is he told me that his chicken was inert. I then asked him about the chicken out on the farm. He wasn't fooled for a bit as he told me it was alive. Then came the
curveball. Being the wonderful parent that I am I asked him how a chicken can be both alive and inert to which Spencer responded; "So we must have killed one". It was all downhill from there as I learned that a smashed ant is also inert.
Onto the beard: the kids were sad to see the beard go so I had to make it a bit of a game for them.
First we have the pathetic handlebar with small goatee.

shorter mustache with an even smaller goatee.

Now we have the soul patch (with mustache of course).
Melissa calls this one the spaniard.
Finally no shave is complete without a Hitler mustache, unfortunately the lack of hair growth under my nose makes it look like an hourglass on its side (that's why I call this one the Black Widow).
3 comments:
I just love how geeky you are. You know that, right?
(I think I learned the definition of inert in like the 9th grade)
I actually think the last one looks like a bow tie for your lip!Looks like you had some fun with it!
Jake, these pictures are hilarious. I especially love the Hitler/hourglass version. You crack me up!
Post a Comment