Monday was busy. During the time I was at the clinic/hospital from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM we delivered 4 babies (2 were c-sections) and saw 41 patients. I actually had it easy because the doctor started a c-section that morning at 2 AM so his day was much longer than mine. Yesterday was filled with clinic patients and today was relatively slow except for the one delivery. Finally, 2 months from graduation, I can say that I have officially delivered a baby. It wasn't too bad.
With three fast days of OB in Cedar behind me now I'm still leaning away from practicing OB for the rest of my life. There are a lot of wonderful things that go along with OB, but I just don't think they are worth the schedule. Nothing ruins a weekend or an evening like a woman going into labor, and I don't think I want to have to be out of town anytime I'm not on call.
I spent most of last night on the couch with Jessi. She isn't feeling well (at the moment I'm the only one in the house that does feel well) and couldn't find a comfortable spot in the house at 2:30 this morning so she and I spent some time on the couch together. She did get a couple of hours sleep in my arms which hasn't happened for a couple of years so that was a little bit nice.
Jessi at a happier time.
No comments:
Post a Comment