Thursday, June 2, 2011

Speaking in Church

So here is the scene.  It is Sunday morning (as in 4 days ago) and I am a little frantic as I have to, I mean get to, speak in church.  Spencer enters the kitchen and the following conversation ensues:

Spencer - Mom, are you okay??

Me - Ya, Spence, I am okay, I am just really nervous because I am speaking in church today.

Spencer - I know how you can not be nervous anymore.

Me - Really Spencer, how??

Spencer - Get up and bear your testimony more often and then you will get used to speaking and you won't be nervous anymore.


So what is a mom to say to that.  I shared this little gem at the beginning of my talk and it got a real good laugh.  Which actually served to make me less nervous. So Thanks Spencer!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Funny. I spoke in church on Sunday too. My husband's words of encouragement were not as helpful as Spencer's. He said, "Who cares, we're moving in a few weeks anyway...if you say something dumb I mean."

I shared that one too...it also got a laugh.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

That is hilarious! I hope everything is going well with your move and your pregnancy! You have so many exciting changes coming up!