Monday, April 25, 2011

What the heck is a Roundup?

I found myself asking that question the other day when my sister challenged me to do a roundup.  As the only male blogger around these parts (comment and prove me wrong) I feel it my duty to appease her and give you my version of a roundup.  By the way (I could have typed BTW but I just can't bring myself to use texting terms or :) or ;) or any of those other emoticons) you can go here to see my sister's latest roundup, and lets face it, that link probably holds more useful information for most of you anyway.

Without further ado here is a bunch of stuff I may want to try someday.

The best part about this one is my dad has a whole load of bricks stacked in his carport just waiting for a project and in two months he lives two doors away
Assembly Diagram - Click for Larger Image
.

I'm pretty sure I'll be renting a RZR within the next year and when I love it I plan to sell Melissa on all the practical uses for a UTV, like having something to put in the back of my truck.


I don't know much about cars, but I really want to restore one of these someday.  It's a 1969 GMC and for some odd reason I love it.  Problem is they're not too hard to find if you're willing to settle for a 2wd, but lets face it I can never own a 2wd truck.  That's like a one-wheeled motorcycle.



I really need to learn to swim because I would like to compete in this at the end of the summer.



And I need to find some teammates because I think I want to do this too, but I'm pretty sure my knees won't allow me to do those first few miles.


There you have it folks, my roundup.

I almost forgot.  I hope Lebron loses and I'm happy to see that Jim Tressel is going to be punished.  If only the Buckeyes had made it to the national championship against Auburn then the whole BCS championship game would be stricken from the records 5 years from now, about the time that Cam gives back his trophy.

5 comments:

Mom C said...

WHAT! Those bricks hold down the fabric on our garden so the weeds don't grow. Or some of them do. There's a house on 300 W that had a brick fireplace like that one, unfortunately, they are doing some extensive remodel/repair and this morning when we walked by all the stones and brick were on the curb. No more fireplace. So sad.

Charlotte said...

I don't even know what a UTV is. All the same, it's nice to see your version of a roundup. I'll give you a week or so notice before I post my next one so we can have twinner blogs once again.

You in?!?

I know you are!!!!

(Probably sometime in June)

Harmony said...

Jacob, this probably isn't the best way to contact you--I linked here from Charlotte's blog, but I'm curious what you think of this article about revolutionizing healthcare:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0314/features-clayton-christensen-health-care-cancer-survivor.html

The guy the article is about, Clayton Christensen, is the commencement speaker at SUU this weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing him speak.

Harmony said...

Thanks for taking the time to read that article and reply to me Jake. I agree that there wasn't enough there to base an informed opinion on, but the ideas intrigued me, especially patients and nurses taking more responsibility for non-urgent and chronic care. I think tort reform would definitely have to be part of any real solution though. I'm interested in reading his books, especially after hearing him speak this weekend. He seemed personable, faithful, and wise, as well as very intelligent.

Harmony said...

P.S. Kudos to you and your dad and your uncles and cousins for working in an ailing system and still providing great patient care!