Monday, October 4, 2010

Spencer and Soccer

Spencer was finally interested in participating in organized sports this fall so we put him into a soccer league.  It is pretty laid back, they don't keep score, everyone gets to play every position, and mostly they just encourage the kids to have fun.  Spencer is loving it!  Now how do I put this next part - Ummm  he isn't very good, at all.  He is sort-of afraid of the ball so he mostly just dances around the outside of the pack of kids going after the ball.  It is pretty hilarious.  But once again, he is loving it.  He does show some improvement from week to week so we are hoping by the end of the season he makes contact with the ball a few times :)

One proud kid in his cleats and shin guards.  He was pretty excited about the "gear" needed to play.

He loves playing goalie!  I think mostly because it doesn't involve running.  And I know what your thinking, how can you play goalie if you are afraid of the ball, pretty much just like this, spending more time playing with gloves than watching the ball.

I didn't realize how cold it gets at 8 in the morning in October.  This is us getting ready to go to the soccer game.  Good Times!

2 comments:

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert said...

I never would have guessed that the son of the man who flinches and ducks when the yo-yo he just released tries to return to his hand, would be scared of a ball. :)

In all fairness a yo-yo can be awfully scary some times.


P.S. I deleted the previous comment (which said the same thing as above) because I wanted to make sure that Jacob knew who made it.