That's right!! It's the first day of school and this year I am sending off 2 little ones. (Although I guess you can't really classify Spencer as little anymore, but he is in his mom's eyes). For the first time in about 3 months, I woke the kids up this morning, we all got ready, stopped for a quick photo shoot and then headed for the bus stop.
Now those of you who know me, know I rarely run late and hate it if I am late. So this morning you can imagine how paniced I became when we walked around the corner to find the bus was already there. (It was early). I got all nervous, flagged down the bus driver and got the kids on. In all of the frantic chaos and my conversations with the bus driver to make sure they were on the right bus (2 more came around the corner before we even walked away 5 feet) I didn't even get to say goodbye to the kids. Luckily, they didn't seem to mind as they hopped right on.
School has started now and I haven't got a call so I assume they are okay. In fact, they are probably doing better than me. I am so excited for them but just like it has been for the last 2 years, there is a part of me that worries, that hopes they are happy, that they will fit in, that the other kids will be nice. You know, Mom worries. Luckily, I can remind myself that just like the last 2 years, those will go away within a day or 2 when I see how much they love it. (I hope :)
4 comments:
Have I told you lately that you have cute cute cute kids?
um.... she was totally early and she went blazing past the stop, she wasn't going to slow down or even stop, until the people there for another school waved to her while our kids were running across the road. I yelled to erick to catch some pics... we also didn't get to say good bye or give hugs! that driver gets on my nerves! whew. so I hear you. :)
also...your kids look super cute! Our kids were excited too and I think they will all have a great day! enjoy your quiet time today!!
They get to ride the bus this year. Did you win the lottery? Wow. We sure miss you guys. Hope all is well there in SB. Oh, and I love the rain background.
The first day of school is always so fun! I always love the annual pics of kids with their backpacks! :)
By the way, It's been a while since I checked your blog, but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your loss... Reading Jake's posts brought tears to my eyes and I can just feel how close to the spirit you two are. You are truly amazing... My thoughts and prayers are with you, even though some time has passed...
Post a Comment