I just don't know what is going on here. Have you noticed that the name of the blog has been changed to We are quilters? I haven't either, however, the mother of my children seems to think differently. I think it's about time for a good old fashioned rant.
I'm down to two medicine calls. I'll be celebrating come Memorial day. Many would celebrate this occasion by getting drunk. Many Mormons might celebrate this occasion by drinking a case of Mountain Dew. As for me, I'll probably get a dozen Krispy Kremes and put myself in a coma. Then I'll go to Utah for the wedding and maybe talk my folks into bringing up a few Alligator Jaws for the weekend that they will be in SLC.
Saturday's call was a good one. Nobody died on me. I had one patient that was threatening but she made it to today and got a ride to the hospice house. It was a fun discussion with her family who had been kept in the dark for the past month by the current boyfriend who was only following the wishes of the patient. Saturday she was unable to speak for herself so the boyfriend spilled the beans to the family. Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to be the first soldier through a mine field.
I am not the least bit excited to watch the Lakers and the Celtics in the NBA finals. The life of a Jazz fan is painful. The Jazz are the most consistent team in all of professional sports. They came on-so-close when I left the country, but just couldn't quite overcome the most arrogant individual to walk the earth. Then when they could have sunk into the depths of the lottery they couldn't even get that right. Sure they got Deron Williams with the 3rd pick of the draft, but they had to trade down from 6 to get it. The Lakers have 4 guys on their team who were top 10 draft picks. Kobe Bryant is not one of them. The Celtics have 4 as well. Rondo, not one of them. The Pistons in 2004 had 4 top 10 picks as well. Since 1996 those are the only three teams without Tim Duncan, Shaq or that cocky guy, to win a title. The Jazz currently have one top 10 drafted player on their roster. Guess how many first rounders play for the Jazz. Three! That's right folks the Jazz suit up with three guys who were picked in the first round of the NBA draft.
The only reason the Jazz aren't in the Lottery every year is Jerry Sloan. That guy has made more money for pathetic basketball players than any agent in the country. Remember Byron Russell? Boozer's gonna go to Florida this summer and be a 12/6 guy the rest of his career. Sloan has had 3 legitimate all-stars in all the time he has coached in Utah and Carlos isn't one of them. We'll witness that next year after Booz signs his next contract.
Why couldn't Larry H Miller leave well enough alone and let the Jazz leave the state back in the day. If that would have happened I might have been a legitimate Laker fan like I am a Dodger fan and each year I could get behind my team because even when they're bad they can always buy their way back into contention.
Maybe the Jazz can pull off a sign and trade. Boozer for Dwight. No one would be embraced like Dwight in Utah. Honestly, a clean cut, untatooed ball player who smiles and doesn't cuss. That man was born to play ball in Salt Lake City.
I'll spare you my thoughts on the Harvey Unga situation. It's hard to dislike a University that seems to be able to stick by it's principles (the Jim McMahon years notwithstanding), but somehow I'm still able to do it.
If you've read to the end of this diatribe you should most certainly comment to let Melissa know that we will not stand for her usurpation of this blog. I refuse to go quietly into the night!
I better go, I have to go buy some thread.
5 comments:
How about a happy medium Jake? I love hearing from both of you!
I love you Jake. That last sentence is classic classic stuff. It's the reason I keep coming back for more.
Well, that and the fact that you're family.
I hope I wasn't the cause of this post with my e-mail. I was just concerned that your blog had been hijacked by a quilter...
Are Alligator Jaws some sort of quilting contraption? :)
I just have to say THANKS! Thanks for a good laugh! I literally haven't giggled this hard for a while...
knowing that everyone has some marital "strife" is nice.
Go buy some thread, and suck it up, because she had 105 COMMENTS on one of the older posts... and you're at... 5!
Congrats on the end of residency!
Post a Comment