Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

Today Jacob turns 33!! He is celebrating by being on-call. Shocker!! But when you look at it from a certain point of view could there be a better way to celebrate your entry into the world then aiding lots of other little ones to enter into the world?

Recently, a friend lost her husband to a fight with cancer. This hit me hard and our hearts go out to her and her little girl. Since I found out I have found myself often thinking of her and then wondering what in the world I would do if placed in her shoes. I ponder on this for a time until I mostly end up in tears and feeling all the worse for her.

These things are hard to reflect upon (they are hard to write about as I find myself straining through tear streaked eyes), but I am grateful for the opportunity it affords me to remind myself of just how much I love my husband. Sometimes, I think, in the day to day of life we get caught up in routine and it tends to take over. In the last few days I find myself very humbled and very grateful for such an amazing man in my life. I could go on for pages about how much he does and the wonderful husband and father he is. I will just sum it up by saying I can't possibly imagine my life without him.

I love this man. I am so grateful that I agreed to that blind date almost 10 years ago! I am so grateful to be sealed to him for time and all eternity. I love you, Jacob!! We truly are, One For Eternity!



.


No comments: