I started making quilts about 5 years ago and I instantly fell in love with it. I can honestly say I have lost track of how many I have made. I love piecing tops together but once the piecing was done there was always the task of having to tie it together. That isn't as fun for me. I started with just normal tieing, then I tried to spruce it up with some buttons, and then I got daring and started doing some straight stitching with my old machine, but all in all, it was never quite the finish look I was hoping for. I mean, they look cute and all, just not as cute as the ones you see in the magazines that are all quilted and adorable.
Well that is all in the past now!! I love, love, love, free motion quilting. I don't think I will ever tie another quilt. It is so much fun to quilt them with my machine. I also feel pretty lucky because it seems that I have caught on to rather quick as the projects I have finished are looking better and better with not so much practice. I have even started to branch out and attempt to make flowers and vines in my stitching, and it looked pretty good if I don't say myself.
So here is a shout out to anyone that I have tied a quilt for, if you would like it quilted, send it back. I would be happy to quilt it up. I know, I know, you are all going to say that you love them just the way they are, but I know that I love the quilted look like a million times better and if you want it, its yours :)
Here are my free motion projects so far. There will be more to come in the near future as I have a few more projects in the works.
5 comments:
So-
I really want to get into quilting... but after I make the top part, I'm not sure what to do. You'll have to help me walk through how to put the product all together- yours are SO cute!!!
Thanks Lindsey. I would love to help anytime. A really great tutorial for binding can be found here. http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/binding-tutorial.html
I think that can be one of the hardest parts but this tutorial has made it so easy for me :)
I think you must have some kind of extra gene that I do not have because I don't like to spend any of my time doing extra work for other people ( like re-doing their quilts I already generously made for them ) You are absolutely crazy and run circles around me. Your post about overachieving is definetely an understatement- although- I think I miss it!!!
I miss you, Angeleah!!! We are going to have to find a way to swing by sometime.
Wow, your quilts are so beautiful! I wish I could have stayed longer to learn from you!
Post a Comment